To complement the must-read list. These are, in self’s opinion, the most overrated contemporary books.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Douglas Adams – just like the characters who are lost in space, so was this reader.
- The Nanny Diaries Nicola Kraus & Emma McLaughlin – the most awful, anticlimactic ending that supposed to be upright and realistic but really, it just kills the joy of rooting for the protagonist.
- The Joy Luck Club Amy Tan – weepy, traditional Chinese-centric stories are obviously not self’s thing.
- The Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger – neither is ladlit.
- The Devil Wears Prada Lauren Weisberger – but the movie will be better am certain.
Don’t get self started on the books that self did not manage to finish…