That was what J said to self as we stare at our parking space with jaws dropped, because it was not self’s green coupe but a black four-door car.
We were out shopping. Had lunch at TGI Friday’s (absolutely scrumptious dory fish fillet for our main course).
Fuck. Did someone stole the car? Fuck, Dee is going to kill self for not locking with the steering wheel lock. Fuck, fuck, fuck, as she frantically dialled Dee’s handphone number.
Dee, think the car was stolen. Don’t tell M that, she’ll have a heart attack or something. Just tell her the car broke down.
– Who the hell wants to steal a 10-year-old car?!
– Man, this is weird!
– Could we have forgotten where we really parked?
– No, am pretty sure this is where we parked.
– You think … forgot to lock the door?
– No… saw you checking the locks before we went off.
– OMG, OMFG, what’s going to happen? Wait, the rojak man’s just there, am going to ask him if he saw anything.
Turns out the car was towed, not fucking stolen.
*howls in relieved laughter*
(Eh, first time okay. Like a virgin and all.)
Waited an agonising 15 minutes for Dee, drove to the lot where they keep towed cars, where the sweet green coupe was parked all by itself smack in the middle of the compound, such sweet relief! Came in the nick of time to pay the fine – minutes later the compound would have been closed.
For that emotionally excruciating five minutes when thought the car was stolen, it felt like self’s world was truly about to end.
Alright, drama of the day aside, here’s what have bought:
1. Body Shop cloth bag RM15
2. Body Shop Amorito perfume RM36 (smells literally like chocolate)
3. Necklace RM10
4. An expensive lesson of how not to park your car at towing areas RM98
p.s. Thanks Dee, for not freaking out when thought car was stolen. That’s why you’re always the one everyone in the family looks for when in trouble.