1. Bloggers who don’t reply to their commenters. She likens this to going into someone’s house, greeting the owner and getting a blank stare in return. One can argue that nobody invited her into the house, but when your house is public must invitations be issued to be granted a greeting? Even you would treat an uninvited guest as a party as graciously as possible because it’s just rude not to.
2. Commenters who get peeved to your controversial posts and proceed to slam you like you’ve insulted their grandmothers’ handbags. There is such a thing as civilized disagreement you know, you virtual Neanderthal.
3. Idiots who jump in the blogging bandwagon because everybody’s doing it, but are not committed to it. She’s probably described 90% of Friendster “bloggers” – to find substance in blogs there is like looking for the elusive Philosopher’s Stone.
4. Bloggers who put absolutely ridiculous titles in the hopes of getting some cheap hits, and doofuses like her who fell for those sensational titles hook, line and sinker get disappointed when the title has absolutely nothing to do with the contents of the post whatsoever.
5. Bloggers who use the abominable “txt spk”. Or WriTe iN tHiS sTupId WaY, LiKe tHeY HaVen’T QuiTe GrADuaTeD fRoM KinDerGartEn. You get a lot of this by Friendster “bloggers”. (Admittedly, she used to commit this ghastly punctuation crime, but she was 14, and it was the age before blogging, and she’s fervently repenting now – her blog is quite proof of that! Hopefully you can look past her rather lazy habit of not using caps when she replies her commenters.)
She’s running really low on WordPress juice. Help her out, will you? What’s your blogging pet peeve?