If you’ve been reading this blog long enough, you’d realise that this isn’t a new skin. I really love this Bus Full of Hippies skin, so I just felt like putting it back again. It’s like a full circle really; since my CSS upgrade will expire in March, I’m using this again until then. *sob* I’ll miss dressing up my blog then.
Review of last year’s resolutions.
1. Can say this has been accomplished quite well from the blogging front. Definitely more posts, and definitely more thought-provoking kind, therefore I was as articulate as would like to be. Okay, that doesn’t quite make sense, but hell it’s my damn blog, who says logic has to apply all the time!
2. Err… if eating more variety of foods is counted as eating healthier, then maybe lah… okay, so I totally tanked this resolution because I haven’t really adopted many healthy eating habits, except to not eat the same kind of food more than twice a week.
3. Err… also not quite accomplished. From an emotional aspect, perhaps I have experienced more – I’ve opened up to people more, I’ve learnt to accept my flaws, I’ve learnt to let go of people’s mistakes. From a physical, non-emotional aspect, pretty much nothing done.
Okay, so if it isn’t obvious to you by now, I’ve started the new year afresh by making some very significant changes to the way I blog, first being using the first person pronoun. The reason I try not to use first person pronouns in my first two years of blogging is because of my low self-esteem – I saw myself as a non-entity. So now, I’m going to affirm myself, and call me, myself and I the way I ought to refer to myself, like a proper person and entity! It also makes reading much easier to my readers, I believe.😉
The next change is that I’ve stopped making blog post titles in question form. That’s another characteristic of my lousy self-esteem; it’s symbolic of the way I always doubt myself, question myself. While these two blogging idiosyncrasies set me apart from other bloggers, I don’t want to continue the practice anymore due to the significance behind them.
However, that doesn’t mean I won’t revert to the first-person-pronoun-avoidant ways and questioning title posts; I may do that when I feel like it. It will be a total reversal from my old blogging days when I use to blockquote posts when I want to refer to myself using first person pronouns. Instead, I will blockquote posts when I don’t want to refer to myself with first person pronouns.
This year’s resolution:
1. Have better self-esteem. As opposed to gaining more confidence, which if not controlled can lead to bigheadedness, which is totally not something I’d want to be! So yes, better self-esteem, in the sense that I’m going to have faith in my abilities, and I’m not going to keep comparing myself to other people… too much.
2. Get a tattoo. Seriously. It’s about time I did something in that list (no. 43)! It’s a start lah, being the cheapest and easiest among the list. Remind me that when I’m moaning in pain at the tattoo parlour.
3. Accomplish something. Whatever it is, just as long as it’s personally meaningful. It can be writing a book, or getting a boyfriend, or kiss Dee, whatever. Something that you can list as among your top accomplishments in life.
Happy 2nd Birthday,
Some freaking amazing blog stats:
1. Received 1044 virtual hugs. (That’s like 10 times more hugs received than in the first year!!!)
2. Blogged 397 posts. (Twice the amount of posts made in first year. Not that much, but I’m sure the quality is better!)
3. Received 2,109 comments. (That’s like almost 10 times more comments received than in first year. Runaway success! bloggerdygook‘s readers are just freaking awesome!!!)