1. I buy VCDs instead of DVDs, because I’m too damn cheap and poor. 😛 Hah! (Actually, I rather spend on clothes, shoes and books… hehe.)
2. Even though I buy VCDs, I don’t really like to watch movies on my own at home. The crazy thing is, if a movie is playing on tv and I also have the VCD, I’d rather watch the movie on tv, I’d make a point to catch it, even though it may be heavily edited (to fit the two-hour slot).
3. I don’t like the process of going to the movies by myself, but I like it once I’m seated in the cinema and the movie starts playing. I find that I can concentrate better watching movies by myself; I just don’t like buying the ticket by myself, walking around waiting for the movie to begin by myself… you get the idea.
4. I get really irritated by people talking out loud during the movie. I’d give an irritated shhhh!! Malaysian movie-goers are however, pretty inconsiderate people and it usually takes me a few shhs before they eventually stop. I also hate it when person behind kicks at the back of my seat.
5. I feel embarrassed when there’s a kissing scene in the movie. I think passionate kisses are something very intimate, and watching made me feel a little like a voyeur, ‘cos you don’t watch people kiss like that in real life! I usually look away.
6. I don’t like drama / war / artsy-fartsy movies. I like blockbusters, comedies, chick flicks, and anything else as long as it’s received good reviews.
7. I’d watch a movie for the actor, rather than the director.
8. I like to sit in the cinema before the sneak previews and ads start. I don’t care much for the credits, so I usually miss out if the movie has extra scenes after the credits.
9. I don’t buy popcorn when I watch movies. I’d eat out of my friend’s bucket. I rather buy chips or outside food usually not allowed in the cinema.
10. I don’t sit properly when I’m at the movies. I’d prop my feet up on the back of the seat in front if I’m feeling naughty enough, but usually I sit with my feet on my chair or with my legs crossed. Oh, and I also like aisle seats best, because I can make an easy exit once the movie’s over. Also, it prevents me from sitting next to some stranger. I don’t really like that, especially if it’s a guy.