This doesn’t mean I like girls any less. I need my girls, can’t live without my girls! I need girlfriends to shop with, to gossip with, to pour my heart out to, to moan about boys and their stupidity sometimes…
That said, I still like boys very much. I could never be like Katy Perry and kiss a girl just to try it. My lips will only touch another pair of lips that belongs to the opposite sex. (No, hermaphrodites don’t count.)
But I’m not talking about why I like boys in that way. I want to tell you why I like boys for being boys.
1. It’s fun to flirt with them, in a non-romantic way. I mean, if I do that with a girl I’d just get the shivers. Though maybe that’s because I haven’t found the right girl yet, hmm…
2. It’s even more fun to tease them, because they aren’t sensitive like some girls (or if they are, they pretend they aren’t). Therefore, I can push more buttons without worrying about offending. Most of the time, they’d tease me right back and probably even worse. And that’s how the flirty (non-romantic) banter starts! 🙂 (Anyone remember Ish & I before we became ‘family’? LOL)
3. Boys are more forgiving than girls (in my experience). I don’t even need to say sorry to get back in their good books. Might have to treat them to a meal, though… Nah, not with the right guy. 😉
4. Boys offer a different perspective. Obviously, since they are from a different sex and their brains are wired differently than girls for the most part. The male perspective usually focuses on the mechanics of a situation rather than the emotions, so it’s good to have a guy’s perspective to have a bigger picture of the same thing.
5. Boys don’t pretend. As to my limited experience with the opposite sex, I find that they say what they think most of the time, even if it offends. I’d get offended, naturally, but when I think about what he said, it does make sense. In most cases, I’ll even accept the criticism because I don’t believe boys have agendas when they tell you you’re shit. I mean, some girls do that because they’re playing the keep your friends close and your enemies closer game, and may tell you you’re shit to mindfuck you.
6. Boys are better at apologising. That’s ‘cos they know they’re doofuses by nature, so they have to make up for that by being easily apologetic. Which means if I have the right guy, I can pretend to be upset and he’ll be all apologetic for hurting my feelings, and then I can laugh at his face and said Fooled you! and do again the things I like in numbers 1 and 2.
7. Boys know about stuff that I don’t. With the right boy, I can get him to teach me about the stuff he knows about. Or even better, get him to do something I want with said knowledge. 😛
8. Boys make excellent creatures to probe. Since my nosiness is legendary, I can get away with asking pretty personal stuff sometimes. And guys tend to be more open about their personal details than girls. Which is a huge plus point for me because I love to hear people’s stories.
9. Boys have lovely voices. Like John Mayer. Or James Morrison. Or Chris Martin. Okay, they’re far from being boys but they were boys once and I’m sure their unbroken voices were just adorable if anything… Anyway, point is, a male’s voice can be quite nice on the ears. Some males, that is.
10. Sigh, what can I say, boys are… cute. 😳