I’ve been whining rather a lot lately. I do think it’s justified, but it’s still not very nice all the same.😛 While life is not the best right now, there are some things I’m very grateful for:
1. Life at home is largely peaceful. Maybe because I’m hardly home that I hardly have an opportunity to pick a fight😀 but anyway it’s a good thing that home is my sanctuary, especially since this is where I…
2. Meet friends I can’t see in person. I am, of course, referring to my blog buddies, particularly those who have been vocal and showing their concern during my difficult time at present. You guys remind me that I’m not a total failure.🙂
3. Friends who take time to see me every now and then. They too remind me that the person that I am is liked by them. Angel, Sushi, 9… I don’t see them often now but when I do, it’s like I’ve just seen them yesterday. Special mention goes to 9 for being my text message buddy during every single work day… in a month we exchange about nearly a thousand text messages! Thankfully it only costs a cent to send one so the bill comes up to less than RM10.😀
4. My books, they are my inanimate saviours; when there’s no one I can count on at that moment in time, my books will always be there, waiting.
5. My hug counter. I wish I can see who ‘hugs’ me there… but I guess who does it doesn’t really matter. Whenever I see the increase in the number of hugs, I feel the lurve.🙂
6. The place where my office is located. Even though I have to endure traffic jam twice a day to get to where I work, parking is easy (but it costs RM100 a month😦 ) and there is a variety of food, so I’ve been having healthier lunches compared to when I was in the previous company. I used to pack my own lunches because the place where I worked was in an industrial area and you had to drive to get to the nearest shoplots for food.
7. I have a good boss, despite the odious colleagues. Although they told me bad stuff about him, I’ve yet to see that side of him (in time, perhaps?). So far, he’s been patient and gives me quite a lot of free hand. I need a lot of guidance, actually, but because he doesn’t micromanage me, I don’t feel as scared to do things at the office, trusting my common sense and observing courtesy. I may be making mistakes, but I believe mistakes have a way of telling me I made one later on, through repercussion or someone having to point it out, in which case I will learn as I go along on my own.
8. I will have a new room to move into soon! We cleared out one of the rooms in the house and had it painted turquoise, one of my favourite colours. All I need to do is buy my own bedroom set, and I can move in anytime I want; I’m aiming to move in by the coming Chinese New Year. It’s bigger than my current room and there’s an air conditioner.😀 I’m waiting for the year-end sales so I can get furniture at a cheaper price, hopefully, since I’ll be buying using my own money.
9. I’m earning my own money now, so whatever I choose to buy, it’ll be my own money that I spend. This way, I feel less guilty about shopping because it’s my hard-earned money. I notice, though, now that it’s my own money that I’m spending, I don’t buy as easily and I’m quite a stinge, especially when buying lunch at work!😆
10. Lastly, I’m so grateful I can blog. It’s my everything. I express myself here, I make friends here, I learn about myself here, I gain wisdom here, I try to make myself a better person here. I feel happy here, I feel loved here, I feel I can do anything I set my heart to here.