Well, not old like repeat resolutions, but rather that I do the same ritual every year since I started blogging. Which was on 1 January 2006, and so today makes it bloggerdygook‘s third birthday!
Happy 3rd Birthday,
Some out of this world blog stats (cumulative over the 3 years):
1. Received 2,355 virtual hugs. (More than twice the amount received last year.)
2. Blogged 575 posts.
3. Received 5,225 comments. (The amount of comments never fail to amaze me – it’s two times and a bit more than the previous two years’ amount of comments.)
Right, back to resolutions. But first, a review of last year’s resolutions:
1. Totally, totally tanked this resolution. I have no self-esteem whatsoever, especially after the eventful year I had. I’m not upset by this lack of achievement, though, because it’s not something I think I can do within a year. It takes years and many loving people to help me build my esteem!
2. Failed this resolution too, since I have not got a tattoo. YET! Yes, I still plan to, seeing as this is one of the things I want to do before I die. I’m also determined to get it because I know what I want as a tattoo, and it’s not some generic butterfly/rose/angel motif.
3. Now this, I think I achieved. I consider going to Macau as something accomplished because before that I have never been away from home for that far and that long. I learnt a lot from the experience. Not all good, but it could’ve been worse. And that on-off online relationship I was in taught me things too, despite the painful emotional experience.
Okay, Resolutions 2009 now:
1. Travel overseas… twice. You might think this is an easy resolution to achieve, but I foresee it a tough one to do. Travelling overseas once is no problem – Angel and I have been talking about going to Bangkok forever, we have to go already! The second one now… I wouldn’t mind Singapore or Bali.😀 Angel??
2. Write… and get paid. I want to see if I can make a living by writing. I don’t care how I get this resolution accomplished – I could change my current job, I could do a freelance job, a one-off assignment… as long as I get paid for writing.
3. Make more friends. This is going to be hard to do too, as you know how antisocial I am and I don’t warm up to people easily. But I need to go out other than with Angel, Sushi and 9. Yes, these are the only three people I willingly go out with.
People mostly think new year resolutions are a joke, but I don’t. I really do take them quite seriously. As the year goes by, every now and then my mind goes back to what I have decided to be the year’s resolutions and how far am I from achieving them. I don’t beat myself up if I don’t achieve them, but they are always at the back of my mind.
What’s your take on new year resolutions?