1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I went overseas for the first time ever! For a whole month at that!
2. Did you keep your New Year resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Out of three, I fulfilled one. I started making resolutions since I started my blog and will continue to do so for as long as I’m blogging.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A bloody boyfriend. Err, not literally – I don’t want an axe murderer as a significant other!
6. What countries did you visit?
Macau! And Hong Kong technically, even though it’s just Disneyland, haha.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
July 2008 for my month in Macau.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to Macau.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing many people I care about through my own stupidity.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A lot of lovesickness and homesickness, that’s all.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My red hoodie. I love to wear it, it’s like my comfort blanket, except I can wear it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
9, for being very understanding and not mad at me when I disappoint her at times.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some online buddies who decided I wasn’t their friend anymore.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To my parents.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Macau.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“Thunder” by Boys Like Girls, just ‘cos I like it.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
I am older, sadder, more worried and lost.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Being patient and talking to the people I was mad at about my feelings.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
By myself, asleep!
21. How would you sum up your 2008 in one word?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Gilmore Girls, always.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate, but I still hold a grudge in a way.
26. What was the best book you read?
The Man Who Counted – Malba Tahan
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I like Taylor Swift.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to go to Disneyland and I did get to go. 🙂
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh dear, I’m quite bad at remembering movies I watched… Wall-E?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you (optional)?
I was in Macau, turning twenty-three.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I truly resolved things with the people I’ve fallen out with.
32. What kept you sane?
The realisation that what pain I was going through will pass.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Can’t think of one at the moment… I still think John Mayer’s hot. 🙂
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
None, I’m not political.
35. Whom did you miss?
Someone I haven’t even met before.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Nobody. I have not met anybody new that I like.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I need to believe in myself far more than I do and care less about what people think of me.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Nothing comes to mind. If something comes to yours, tell me. 😆