So, right. Online dating and what do I think about it.
1. I somewhat think online dating sites are lame and for desperate people.
2. However, I know this is NOT true as I have had heard stories of how people met their loved ones in such places. For instance, Sushi and Jalapeno!
3. So if my dear friend Sushi can find love online, how is that lame and desperate? You have seen their picture in the last post, aren’t they like fucking hot or not??
4. By the way, they met each other on a site called http://www.hotornot.com
5. Speaking from personal experience, I have done online dating twice. Once in my teens and once just only last year, with a former reader of this blog no less.
6. I have also tried some online dating sites rather unsuccessfully.
7. Conversation is very forced and stilted. Very difficult to make my profile look appealing without looking sleazy. Very weird to ‘market’ myself like that.
8. End up quitting these sites less than a month after joining. It just makes me cringe, and seems to perpetuate the belief that I am incapable of looking for love the normal way because I am fat and unattractive in the generic sense. Which could be true, but I do not want my participation in online dating sites to be seen as an implication of this. I would do online dating sites if I don’t cringe at myself, because it does seem fun and convenient.
9. So, in a nutshell, I am fascinated and afraid of online dating sites.
10. But if a male online persona comes hitting on me on cyberspace, I might not say no.😳
And that concludes my personal opinion on general issues. Kinda lame, sorry – am too worried about playing hooky to blog this at work to write my thoughts in a presentable manner!